Computer Aided Learning Centres (CALC)
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, a flagship programme of Government of India for the promotion of Universalisation of Elementary Education, has several features that seek to improve the quality of elementary education. The physical spaces of schools can be transformed into learning spaces only if certain basic provisions are ensured. These provisions include structures to provide regular on site academic support to aid classroom instruction in which using of technology is a vital part. Computer Assisted Learning Programme has been initiated under SSA to bring changes in classroom transaction through visual media which also enforces learning through evaluation embedded in it.
Using computers for teaching and learning activities is effective. The learning levels of children who are studying in CAL schools marked progress as per the feedback of field functionaries. Encouraged by the success of the programme, SSA extended the programme over the years.
Objectives of CAL:
- To improve achievement levels of children, attract out-of-school children to schools and also improve the attendance rate.
- To supplement the teaching instead of substituting the teachers.
- To improve the quality of teaching learning process.
- To focus on rural government school children by providing access to learning through modern technology by Integrating CAL with the school curriculum by dedicating 2 periods/week.
- Consolidated List of CALC schools for which Computers and UPS procured under SSA.
- List of CALC schools during 2011-12 for which computers procured through M/s Siddartha Infortech and UPS through M/s Power One Micro systems.
- List of CALC schools during 2009-10 and 2010-11 for which computers procured through M/s Siddhartha Infotech Pvt. Ltd for Belgaum and Gulbarga Division and M/s Broadline power systems(Bangalore and Mysore Division).
- List of CALC schools during 2008-09 for which computers projectors and UPS procured through M/s. BEL.
- List of CALC schools during 2007-08 for whcih computers and UPS procured through M/s. HCL.
- List of CALC schools during 2005-06 and 2006-07 for which computers and UPS procured through M/s. Wipro.
- List of CALC schools during 2004-05 and 2005-06 for which computers and UPS procured throug M/s. Sogo computers.
Maintenance and Support
TOLL FREE NOS
WEB LOG SYSTEM
|2009-10 & 2010-11|
|M/s Siddartha Infotech, Bangalore||Computer-
Belgaum & Gulbarga Division
|08.03.2014||1800 425 7856||http://www.siddharthinfotech.net/home.aspx
User ID: ssa
|M/s Broadline Computer Systems, Bangalore||Computer-
Bangalore & Mysore Division
|30.04.2014||1800 11 4100 (BSNL/MTNL)
1800 3000 1919 (Reliance)
|M/s Siddartha Infotech, Bangalore||Computer||28.06.2015||1800 425 7856||http://www.siddharthinfotech.net/home.aspx
User ID: ssa
|M/s Powerone Micro systems, Bangalore||UPS||09.06.2015||1800 425 7832||http://188.8.131.52:8080/home.aspx
User ID: ssa2012
|Contact at State Office in case of need|
|Joint Director (Programmes)||09448999306||Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Programme Officer (CALC)||09448999319||Email id: email@example.com|